Welcome To The Pacific Coast Way – One Coastal Drive, Endless Experiences
The Pacific Coast Way is a meandering journey through the stunning shores, coastal cities, and glittering coastlines of New South Wales and Queensland. This once in a lifetime opportunity is the best way of exploring beautiful national parks, sparkling lakes, and untouched beaches, all on one unforgettable road trip. From Cairns Queensland to the Gold Sydney and beyond, this is the perfect way to explore Australia’s legendary Pacific Coast.
One Main Highway, One Remarkable Journey
The beauty of The Pacific Coast Way is that it’s almost impossible to get lost. The infinite stretch of the Pacfic Motorway will take you the entire way from Cairns to the Gold Coast and through to Sydney, a journey of over 2400km from end-to-end. The whole route touches the Pacific Ocean, so it’s impossible to drive past without the shimmering shores beckoning you in for a swim. Prime-time travel is from April/May until November, which is the perfect time to take advantage of a plunge in the ocean and explore the natural beaches that reach out to the Great Barrier Reef.
Exceptional Experiences To Last A Lifetime
Whether you’re witnessing your first glimpse of a humpback whale at Hervey Bay or relaxing on the natural beauty of Yeppoon beach, each location along The Pacific Coast Way creates memories that will last a lifetime.
Here are just a few of our favourite experiences along the Pacific Coast Way:
- Airlie Beach. From travelling by yacht and learning to dive to visiting the BIG4 Adventure Whitsunday Resort, you’ll be able to have fun, explore the scenery, and enjoy fine dining at Airlie Beach.
- The Gold Coast. Mix family fun and adventure with a deep-dive into the rainforest. Visit the BIG4 Tweed Billabong Holiday Park waterpark or take the intrepid walk to Tumgun Lookout and see the Pacific open out before you.
- Moreton Bay. Home to the stunning D’Aguilar National Park, you could easily spend days lost in the beautiful greenery nestled just outside of Brisbane city itself. Go for a whale watch, and then explore the beaches with an escape from the hustle and bustle at Bribie Island.
- Brisbane. Visit the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary and feed a kangaroo. After you’ve got hands-on with nature, you can view the skyline from the Mount Coot-Tha viewpoint. There are multiple botanical gardens in Brisbane, leaving you to immerse yourself in nature for hours.
- Sydney. The perfect way to start or end your incredible travels, Sydney has everything that a thriving city could offer. Taste the culture with a visit to the Sydney Opera House, or continue the adventure by climbing Sydney Harbour Bridge.
Plan Your Journey
Choose from hundreds of hotels, eateries, and experiences to make your journey along the Pacific Coast Way a spectacular and seamless adventure. Make sure you take breaks at least every two hours to listen to live music at places like Mission Beach’s Pirate Den Bar and Grill, or relax at a hotel overlooking the Pacific Ocean before you embark on your travels. At Pacific Coast Way, we’re here to help you create your dream journey across the Australia’s legendary Pacific Coast.